This is a full time, on-site, salaried position in New York City paying $80,000 to $120,000 + benefits. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates preferred, but will relocate a scholar individual. Thank you.
Our client is an award winning top interactive agency. The Digital Advertising Group is a small team of innovation driven creatives, Flash programmers and production specialists creating bleeding-edge work for our Fortune-500 clients. They are regularly setting new standards (literally!) in the industry, creating media, sites, video and games that are so forward-thinking, they haven’t even made it up on our own site yet.
They need a skilled and dedicated, self-motivated designer/developer — or as Adobe prefers to call this person, a “Devigner.” What they’re looking for: A person to join our team who is excited about trying new things, who loves to create cool little widgets, who is not afraid of learning and teaching and sharing, who has an eye for design and an “ear” for rhythm in their work (especially important with online advertising!), and who is interested in becoming part of our family of developers.
What they’d love for you to be open to: Learning our methodology for programming and our process. Sharing your experience with the Internet at large. Teaching us what you have learned through your years of building stuff.
If you’re looking for a great, fulfilling experience on a daily basis, please get in touch.
* Animates and Programs Flash OLA Units; AS2 or AS3, OOP comfort a must.
* Contributes own sense of visual integrity, animation timing, flow and UI planning to all projects.
* Consults with Creative team during conception phase, helping to vet projects and suggest new technologies that will be incorporated into final units.
* Contributes to pitch strategies: how Digital Advertising capabilities can strengthen a proposal, then prototypes and integrates these technologies in conjunction with R/GA tech and/or third-party vendors.
* Works with Rich Media vendor platforms to create seamless handoff for trafficking of OLA/RM units.
* An understanding and appreciation for detail in your work -- and noticing and respecting detail in work others produce, and that you will collaborate on.
* A strong ActionScript 2 (or 3) background, writing classes and collaborating on medium to large scale coding projects. In other words, if you know “a little ActionScript,” this job probably isn’t for you, unfortunately.
* Experience integrating video into online media.
* A general understanding of Rich Media specs, best practices and definitions. Experience with Rich Media vendor templates, practices & API’s a huge plus.
* A working knowledge of Photoshop/Fireworks. Illustrator, After Effects and 3D also a plus.
To be considered, please submit your RESUME and PORTFOLIO along with your SALARY requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing