View Full Version : Looping and buttons(without loop button doesn't work)
12-23-2004, 09:55 PM
When I run my flash with out loop on then the button doesn't work.
What kind of loop do you mean? Buttons can be coded from the main timeline without the need of a loop.
12-24-2004, 08:27 PM
The kind of loop I mean is when you go to the CONTROL menu and check the Loop option.
Why would a button need a loop and how could I make it so that the button doesn't need it?
The loop option under the control tab is not for individual objects. It loops the playback of your movie in authormode or preview mode. Buttons have certain event handlers which can also be applied to movieclips. Defining and using those event handlers is all you need to make a button work...
• press The mouse button is pressed while the pointer is over the button.
• release The mouse button is released while the pointer is over the button.
• releaseOutside The mouse button is released while the pointer is outside the button after the button is pressed while the pointer is inside the button.
• rollOut The pointer rolls outside of the button area.
• rollOver The mouse pointer rolls over the button.
• dragOut While the pointer is over the button, the mouse button is pressed and then rolls outside the button area.
• dragOver While the pointer is over the button, the mouse button has been pressed then rolled outside the button and then rolled back over the button.
• keyPress ("key") The specified key is pressed. The key portion of the parameter is?specified using any of the key codes listed in in Appendix B, "Keyboard Keys and Key Code Values" of Using Flash or any of the key constants listed in the Property summary for the Key object.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.